Welcome to my first post on the blog. Rava kesari is one of the easiest and the basic sweet made in many homes. My Amma makes kesari in just a couple of minutes whenever there are some unexpected guests at home. And this is the first sweet i learned to do and so i wanted to post this as my first recipe in the blog. To me the beauty of the kesari is the beautiful orange color and the amount of ghee and sugar used in it. So i never compromise on these two aspects when making kesari. Now onto the recipe …
Rava Kesari Recipe
Preparation Time : 10 minutes | Cooking Time : 20 mins | Serves : 4
Rava – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Water – 1 1/2 cup
Ghee – 1/4 cup
Cardamom – 2
Cashew nuts – 10
kesari color(orange food color) – a pinch
1. Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and roast the rava in low flame. Roast the rava till it gives a nice aroma but take care not to burn it.
2. Transfer the roasted rava into another bowl and in the heavy bottomed pan, add water and bring it to a nice boil.
3.Once the water starts to boil vigorously , reduce the flame to low, and add the rava slowly by stirring continuously and take care no lumps are formed. Also add the kesari color.
4. The rava will soon start absorbing all the water. Don’t stop stirring. When the rava seems cooked and all the water is absorbed, now is the time to add the sugar.
5. There are now chances for lumps to be formed. So stir the mixture well while adding sugar. Sugar will soon start to melt and the entire mixture will become gooey.
6.Add cardamom and ghee and stir the mixture till the kesari thickens and start leaving the sides of the pan.
7. Now switch off the flame and add the cashews fried in a tbsp of ghee ,mix well and serve. Kesari tastes best when it is hot.
Enjoy your sweet and let me know your comments. See you soon 🙂