Didn’t I mention that a huge portion of cabbage is still remaining in my fridge, even after making everything that we usually do with the cabbage. So decided to make paratha out of it. I usually make aloo paratha or Gobi paratha but never made cabbage paratha. This is the first time i made it and it came out perfect and delicious. Stuffed Parathas are good way to incorporate veggies in kids diet and is also perfect for lunch box as it stays good and soft for a long time.
For Stuffing :
- Cabbage, finely shredded – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Chilli powder – 1/2 to 1 teaspoon (depending on the spice level preferred)
- Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
For Parathas :
- Wheat Floour – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- water – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
1. In a mixing bowl, add in the wheat flour,salt and water. Mix it well till dough is formed.
Now keep the dough covered while we prepare the stuffing.
3. In a pan, add one spoon of oil, add in the shredded cabbage, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and cumin powder.
4. Fry them well, till the raw smell of cabbge and the spice powders go off and switch off the flame and let it cool.
5. Now from the prepared dough, take a small golf ball size dough, dust it with dry flour and flatten it lightly with hands.
6. Take one spoonful of the stuffing, keep it in the center of the flattened dough, gather the sides of the dough to cover the the stuffing.
7. Now flatten it lightly, and using the floured rolling pin, roll it softly.
8. Roll the paratha to 1/4 inch thickness. Always roll softly, otherwise the stuffing may come out. Also dust as much flour as needed to avoid sticking.
9. Now heat a tawa, and once the tawa is hot, gently place the rolled paratha in the hot tawa. Wait till some bubbles start to appear.
10. Now flip the paratha, so that the other side is cooked as well. When both sides are cooked well and even, remove it from the tawa.
Serve the hot parathas with any of your favourite pickle or curd. I always like to have this paratha with Tomato Thokku.