I admit coconut chutney is not a big deal to make. But for beginners like me, getting it in correct consistency and color is definitely a big thing. When I make them while I was learning to cook, I know what goes inside the coconut chutney. But I never got it correct. Then I realized the amount of ingredients that we add is also important to get the chutney perfect.
- Coconut, shredded – 1 cup
- Fried gram – 1 tablespoon
- Green chilli – 1
- Salt – to taste
- Water – as required
To Temper :
- Gingelly oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
1. Take shredded coconut,salt,chilli and fried gram in a mixer jar or blender.
2.Adding a little water(for me it took 1/4 to 1/2 cup water), grind it to a smooth paste.
3.Transfer it to a serving bowl. In a pan, heat a teaspoon of oil, splutter mustard seeds, add in the curry leaves and add it to the chutney.
Serve it with hot idlies, dosa , upma or adai..