When you are really not in a mood to cook some elaborate meal, but still want some accompaniment for the rice, then this potato fry is the best one to do. This potato fry can be done in just few minutes but is really a great accompaniment for sambar , rasam , mor kuzhambu or even curd rice.
- Potato – 2
- Chilly powder – 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- curry leaves – a sprig
- Hing – a pinch
1. Peel the potatoes and chop them evenly.
2.In a pan, heat the oil, add in the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
3.Once they splutter, add in the potatoes, salt, turmeric powder, chilly powder. cumin powder and hing. And mix it well.
4. Cook it till the raw smell of the masala powders go away and the potatoes become tender by stirring in-between.
Once the potatoes are cooked well, transfer it to serving bowl and serve it as accompaniment for any rice.