Inji Pachidi (Ginger chutney) is perfect accompaniment for pesarattu ,Idli or even curd rice. The fresh flavours of Ginger with the sourness of tamarind, spiciness of red chilli and the sweetness of jaggery is surely a mouth watering thing.
- Ginger – 2 inch piece, roughly chopped
- Urad dal – 1 tablespoon
- Channa dal – 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli – 2 ( depending on the spice level prepared)
- Tamarind – small grape sized
- Jaggery – a teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
To Temper :
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoons
- Curry leaves – 4 to 5
1. In a pan, dry roast the Urad dal, channa dal and red chilli in medium flame till the dals turn golden brown. Transfer it to a plate and let it cool.
2. In the same pan, add in the ginger pieces and roast till it slightly changes color and keep it with the already roasted dals.
3.Once everything cools own, take them in a mixer jar, along with tamarind , jaggery and salt and grind it to smooth paste adding required water.
Transfer it to serving bowl. Temper it with mustard seeds and curry leaves and serve it with pesarattu,Idli or curd rice.