I would never say no to this molten lava cake. I first tasted this in Dominos Pizza and its love at first sight. And its definitely a mood lifter. So whenever I feel down , I go to Dominos to taste this wonderful delights. But I never know making this cake is this easy and simple. But getting it perfect took me few trials and I got this perfect fail proof recipe.
- Semi sweet chocolate – 2 oz
- Butter – 1/4 cup
- Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
- Whole eggs – 2
- Egg yolks – 2
- All purpose Flour – 3 tablespoons
1. Preheat the oven to 425 Farenheit.
2.Grease 4 ramekins.
3.In a microwaveable bowl, take chopped chocolate squares and butter and microwave it on high for 1 min or until the butter melts.
I used semi sweet chocolate. If you want a strong chocolate flavor, you can use bittersweet chocolate.
4.Whisk until chocolate is completely melted and is glossy.
5. Now add in the powdered sugar and stir well.
6. Whisk until sugar dissolves completely.
7. Now add in the whole eggs and the egg yolks.
8. Mix well completely. And stir in the floor.
9. Whisk completely without any lumps.
10. If you want to use this batter later, cover it tightly with a cling wrap and refrigerate it. This keeps well for 2 days.
11. Or you can spoon the prepared batter into the greased ramekins. Fill only three fourth of the ramekins as this will raise while baking.
12. Bake it in the oven for 6 to 8 mins. Baking time solely depends on the size of the ramekins and your oven. So keep a constant watch on the cake after 5 mins.
13. The center of the cake should be goey while the edges should be baked. This is the correct Stage to remove the cakes from the oven.
14. Let it cool for a minute. After a minute, carefully slid a knife or spatula around the cakes to loosen and invert it in the plate. Dont let the cakes stay in the ramekins for more than a minute as this will result in the cakes being cooked more than expected in the hot ramekins. Handle with care as the ramekins will be very hot.
15. Serve it warm with the ice cream or whipped cream.