Strawberry Granita is an easy to make Italian frozen dessert. Having this on a hot summer day is divine.. I bought a box of strawberries last week to try this Granita. But we had severe thunderstorms and rain here in Missouri and it is sunny here today only after a long week. So finally made this yummy treat and it was over in no time 😉
- Strawberry – 1 1/2 cups ( hulled and sliced)
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoons
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
1.Clean the strawberries, and slice it.
2. In a blender, take the sliced strawberries, lemon juice and sugar and blend it to juice.
3. Pour this juice in a freezer safe box and keep it in the freezer.
4. After 30 to 45 minutes, take the box out, and using a fork, gently scrape the frozen part and keep it back in the freezer. Repeat it 2 to 3 times until you get fine seperate crystals.
5. Now cover it tightly and keep it in the freezer until serving. Serve this granita garnished with mint leaves or whipped cream.