Palkova is my childhood favorites. The aavin paalkova are the best that I have ever tasted. I have tried the traditional way of making pal kova. But that method is very very time consuming and need a constant watch. Not to mention the cleaning of the vessel used to make palkova. When I searched for some instant method, I came across this recipe in almost all blogs. But when I tried it , I feel it very sweet that we cannot eat. So I added some milk to adjust the sweetness and came with this recipe.
- Sweetened Condensed milk – 1 can
- Milk – 2 tablespoon
- Curd or Yogurt – 3 tablespoons
- Ghee – 1 tsp
1. Grease a microwaveable bowl with 1 teaspoon of ghee.
2. Open the can of condensed milk and pour it in the greased bowl.
3.To this add the yogurt and milk. Do not add more milk which will result in the condensed milk being burnt by the time the milk turns to kova.
4.Mix this well and keep in in microwave on high for 2 mins.
5. After 2 mins, stir it well and keep it again for another 2 mins.This is how it looked after 4 mins.
6.Repeat the stirring and heating process till the mixture attains the stage as shown in the below image.
7. Once it attains this stage, let it cool down. By the time it cools down. you may see it become more grainy. Transfer it to a air tight container and this can be stored in the fridge for a week. If you want you can garnish with nuts.