Carrot Beans poriyal is one easy accompaniment that suits any sambar or kulambu rice. Amma uses potato also with this poriyal especially when there are some guests at home. I love this stir fry very much that after lunch, I would eat this stir fry alone with curd.
- Carrot – 2
- Beans – 10 to 15
- Onion – 1 small sized, chopped
- Green chilli – 1 or 2
- Coconut , shredded – 2 tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
1. Chop the carrots and beans evenly. Also chop the onion and slit the green chilli.
2. In a pan, add a teaspoon of oil, splutter mustard seeds, and then add the onions and green chilli and fry till the onion is cooked.
3. Now add the chopped veggies and salt. Mix well.
4.Sprinkle some water, and cover it and cook in medium flame.
5. After 2 or 3 mins, check whether the veggies are cooked. If the water is absorbed , but the veggies are not cooked, sprinkle some more water and cook covered till the veggies are done.
6. When the veggies are done, add the shredded coconut. This is optional. You can omit the coconut but adding the coconut gives a nice flavor to this stir fry.
7. Mix it well and switch off the flame.
Serve it with hot rice and your favorite kulambu or rasam.