Today is a special day as my facebook page crossed 1000 likes. This is great thing to me and a thousand thanks to all my followers and fellow bloggers. You people inspire me and make me keep going.. Thank you sweets.. 🙂 🙂 🙂
To celebrate this occasion , I made this easy yet delicious Amrakhand. The mango season has started and you can see mango recipes then and there on my blog hereafter. I came across this recipe in a facebook group last year and was so impressed with the picture posted. So I immediately tried it and everyone liked it very much. So whenever I buy mangoes, this is one recipe that I don’t miss.
- Mango pulp – 1/2 cup
- Greek yogurt or hung curd – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 2 tablespoons or more , depending on the sweetness of the mango used
- Cardamom – 2, powdered
- saffron strands – 4 to 5 soaked in 2 teaspoons of warm milk
- Cahews and pistachios – to garnish
1. Soak the saffron strands in 2 teaspoons of warm milk.
2. In a mixing bowl, take 1/2 cup of greek yogurt and whip it well to creamy texture. If you are using regular curd, tie the curd in a cheese cloth overnight in fridge to remove all water content. And use the hung curd.
3.To this whipped yogurt, add the sugar and mango pulp and mix it well till the sugar is dissolved.
4. Powder the cardamoms and add it to the mango curd mixture along with the saffrons soaked in milk.
5. Mix it well and store it in the fridge before serving.
6.To serve, pour the amrakhand in the separate serving bowls or glasses and garnish them with chopped cashews and pistachios.