Sometimes we buy bananas and they all ripen at the same time and would go waste before we eat them. So whenever I have over ripen bananas I would use them to make this banana bread. This is one easy fail proof recipe and the result is a delicious banana bread. So whenever you buy some excess bananas make this yummy bread and you will start buying bananas just to make this bread.
- Ripen bananas – 2
- All purpose flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Egg – 2 large
- Unsalted butter – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan with butter or oil.
1. In a large mixing bowl, sift together all purpose flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. If you are using nuts , mix them also.
2. In another bowl, mash the ripen bananas well without any lumps.
3. Also beat melt the butter and let it cool down.
4. In a small bowl, beat the eggs well.
5. Mix the mashed banana, melted butter , beaten eggs and vanilla extract.
6. Add the sifted flour to this mixture and fold it well till everything is combined well.
7. Pour this mixture in the greased pan and bake it in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
To see if the cake is done, insert a tooth pick in the center of the cake to see if it comes out clean.
This bread can be frozen for upto 2 months.