Onion Tomato chutney is one of the tastiest accompaniment that goes well with almost any breakfast item. This is one of our very favorite chutney and can be made in no time. This chutney can be even stored in refrigerator and used for 2 or 3 days. This will definitely be liked by everyone even the kids.
- Tomato – 2 ,medium
- Onion -1 large
- Red chillies – 4 to 5
- Channa dal – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
To temper :
- Sesame oil – 1 or 2 teaspoons
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Split urad dal – 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan and add in the channa dal and roast till it turns golden brown. Then add in the dried red chillies. And then the roughly chopped onions.
- Fry till the onions turn transparent. Then add in the cubed tomatoes.
- Fry till the tomatoes turn mushy and are cooked well. Switch off the flame and let this cool to room temperature.
- Once it cools down, take it in a mixer grinder with salt and grind it to a fine paste.
- Now in a pan , heat 2 teaspoons of sesame oil. When the oil is hot enough, add the items given under to temper, and add it to the chutney.
- Mix well and serve it with Idli or Dosas. This will also go well with paniyaram, aapam or pesarattu dosa.